Hi and thanks for your interest in writing a guest blog for Diet Tips for Weight Loss. We’re glad you’re here.
If you would like to share your expertise with a large audience of people on a weight loss journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page — it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
The Bare Essentials for Every Post We Publish
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that teach our readers something new about weight loss. While we tend to skew toward content about specific weight loss programs or subjects, that’s not all we talk about.
We’re also interested in publishing any topic that people wanting to lose weight care about, which includes things like exercise, mindset and recipes, among other things.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the Website Blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article. Note: All data should have originated within the last two years.
- No more than one link to your company’s website (Note: This includes your website homepage, blog, pricing page, etc …) in the body of the post.
- Link to at least 1 other Diet Tips for Weight Loss blog post in your piece.
Who is our target audience?
Our target audience is people who want to lose weight or who have lost weight and want to maintain a healthy weight.
The Types of Posts We Accept
We favour posts that give readers in-depth informational takeaways that are supported by relevant, recent examples, original quotes, original graphics, and current data. While we don’t like to put a word count on our posts, these tend to run at 1,000 words and above. When readers finish this type of post, they should be able to put the information to use and have very few questions left on how to do it.
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog already. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
The Not-So-Fine Print
- Submissions must meet our editor’s quality standards in order to get published. Editor’s reserve the right to reject contributions at their discretion.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, social media or any other location. You are of course welcome to share the post link from our site once approved and posted.
- The Diet Tips for Weight Loss editor reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Diet Tips for Weight Loss reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Diet Tips for Weight Loss content, including but not limited to email newsletters, eBooks, and other downloadable content.
- In rare cases, contributed posts may be removed from the blog and recycle the URL.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks and the publish date could exceed this timeline based on the needs of our editorial calendar.